Due to growth at Haven Legal Co. we are seeking a Property Lawyer to join our boutique Coburg North practice!
3-5 years of relevant experience is required. You must be self-sufficient and ready to jump into this role.
All applicants are required to be fully vaccinated.
Opening in 2020, we are a fixed-fee firm who cater predominately to middle-aged families. Our main areas of practice are Wills/Deceased Estates, Family Law and Conveyancing. Our Principal Lawyers have established a modern, paper-free legal office. We work with cutting edge technology to help streamline our processes and deliver the quickest and most efficient service to our clients.
To succeed in this role, you will have 3 to 5 years post qualification experience in property law. You will be a highly motivated and driven self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a small legal team and cross-functionally. You will be building a new practice area from stratch. Whilst we currently offer conveyancing services, we do not offer Property Law services. As such you will need to have an outgoing personality, have strong commercial acumen, excellent communication skills and high attention to detail. In addition, the role requires someone with strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills. You will also be doing end-to-end conveyancing.
We welcome applications from property lawyers with:
- experience in end-to-end conveyancing (unassisted),
- experience in reviewing sale of land contracts and s32’s
- experience in commercial property law, with a particular focus on landlord and tenant leasing of commercial, retail transactions
- experience in reviewing and negotiating lease agreements
- an understanding of the retail tenancy and/or sale of land legislation
- experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and outcomes
- experience in Loan Agreements
- experience in providing Solicitor’s Certificates a bonus!
- drafting and organisational skills and an ability to follow process
- a strong client focus and demonstrated ability to form enduring relationships with peers, clients and industry experts
- a keen eye for detail
- an ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, sharing files and clients
- a desire to help lead and grow our successful practice
- an interest in continuous process improvement and generating efficiencies through innovation and state of the art technology
- a commitment to excellence that matches our own.
We need someone with:
- an excellent phone manner and communication skills
- strong sales skills (in order to sell our services without having to place a lawyer on the phone with each phone call)
- strong organisational skills to managing competing priorities
- experience using Smokeball (although not necessary)
This could be a fresh opportunity for you and the ability to work with a firm that don’t treat you like ‘just another fee earner’.